XBOX Controller support from VR Edition for Steam Deck?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cherbert1701
x4

XBOX Controller support from VR Edition for Steam Deck?

Post by cherbert1701 » Mon, 26. Jun 23, 01:23

I've been playing X-Rebirth on my Steam Deck and I have to say it plays so well. The only thing that is a bit quirky is the controller support. Mainly in menus. It suddenly dawned on me today that I could install the VR edition on my Deck. And yes, the controller support is much better in the menus with nice little icons too for the controller buttons.

But it doesn't detect the Steam Deck controller properly. No icons and the back button has odd behaviour in the menus where going back from a detail page just closes the entire window rather than taking you back to the previous screen.

I want the full Rebirth experience. Not the VR dumbed down version. And I can't be bothered trying to mod it all back in - and from what I can tell, you can't fully bring it back to the original feature set.

This should be quite an easy thing to fix? You have taken the trouble to go back and fix issues with your older games, I don't think its too much to ask to fix X-Rebirth. I mean - it runs so well on the Deck it would be a shame not to.

I'm a big fan of X-Rebirth as I'm sure many others are too. I'm sorry to say I prefer it to X4 and make no apologies for it. I wish you could put a small team back on it from time to time. I'm sad as a company you were given such a hard time over it. I know it was many years ago now but it's still such a shame as it's a beautiful game and I can see what were trying too do even if many were to blind to see it at the time.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”