General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ch_R0me
x4

Re: X3: Rebirth Wasn't Bad

Post by Ch_R0me » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 21:42

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Sun, 5. Sep 21, 16:10
X:R had a terrible endgame. Stations cannot be destroyed, ships are spawned out of thin air, cannot build your own shipyard, and their wasn't anything that the player could accomplish after completing the plot and getting all the steam achievements. Not being able to impact the game world in any meaningful way got boring fast. X-R was the first X game where mods where not optional, you have to use mods. I was there, and it was that bad. I might still play X3 again someday, but I will never install X-R again.
Indeed, also had to use a ton of mods to even complete building the station, not mentioning to fix some remaining bugs...

Code: Select all

“Space is for everybody. It’s not just for a few people in science or math, or for a select group of astronauts.
That’s our new frontier out there, and it’s everybody’s business to know about space.”

– Christa McAuliffe.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 00:38

Not to plug myself here, but X Rebirth with my CWIR mod is an amazing game in my opinion.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 12:48

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 00:38
Not to plug myself here, but X Rebirth with my CWIR mod is an amazing game in my opinion.
Narrator: Blackrain just plugged himself.

I've just reinstalled the game after finding where my old saves were hidden. Might have to give your mod a try.

Thanks for the heads up.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 21:33

Gavrushka wrote:
Tue, 28. Sep 21, 12:48
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 00:38
Narrator: Blackrain just plugged himself.

I've just reinstalled the game after finding where my old saves were hidden. Might have to give your mod a try.

Thanks for the heads up.
I have no idea what you are implying here sir.

By the way, make sure to check out the CWIR WIKI. CWIR adds a ridiculous amount of features to Rebirth, just so you know. For example, Boarding and capturing stations. Capturing ships and scavenging them (at your shipyard) for parts. Building ships at shipyards and selling them to other factions. Donating stations/ships to factions to support them. Factions expanding and contracting, rebuilding stations and building additional stations, new ships, station destruction, Faction elimination, alliances, bringing a faction back from elimination, capturing/boarding and building Xenon ships, etc. Just a lot of good stuff.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 22:13

BlackRain's TLDR version (in a thread titled 'Rebirth Wasn't Bad')

'Actually, without my mod, Rebirth was a little bit bad.' :D <runs away>
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 22:32

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 28. Sep 21, 22:13
BlackRain's TLDR version (in a thread titled 'Rebirth Wasn't Bad')

'Actually, without my mod, Rebirth was a little bit bad.' :D <runs away>
I don't understand what you are saying at all! Not a clue.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 18:22

I personally think your team's New Frontiers mod is even better, although I know you say it's not as "feature complete". It does work, though, right? I didn't play it that long but didn't encounter problems, as far as I know.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 19:25

Let's not go too far down the mod discussion route here please since there is a Rebirth S&M forum for that.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Bruddel
x4

Post by Bruddel » Fri, 5. Nov 21, 14:37

Just want to add me also to the faction that X Rebirth wasnt bad.
Specially talking about the 4.3 Version.
I play the VR Version and till today there is no other VR Space Game which can, in my simple opinion, compete.
- grafics
- Space Combat
- Atmosphere
- Sounddesign
- Empire / Stationbuilding
- Progression / Reward

Off course there are bugs and quirks, but even in 2021 its amazing . ( i use the gamepad, which is well supported. So thats my advise if somebody want to go for it )

and lots of the mods from X Rebirth are working well in the VR Edition..

Bastelfred
x4

Post by Bastelfred » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 19:23

Bruddel wrote:
Fri, 5. Nov 21, 14:37
Just want to add me also to the faction that X Rebirth wasnt bad.
Specially talking about the 4.3 Version.
I play the VR Version and till today there is no other VR Space Game which can, in my simple opinion, compete.
- grafics
- Space Combat
- Atmosphere
- Sounddesign
- Empire / Stationbuilding
- Progression / Reward

Off course there are bugs and quirks, but even in 2021 its amazing . ( i use the gamepad, which is well supported. So thats my advise if somebody want to go for it )

and lots of the mods from X Rebirth are working well in the VR Edition..
Rebirth did a lot better than X3-4. I would have liked Egosoft to have had more balls and adopted more than the travel drive in X4. The universe layout was better, they should have just worked on the overview. Of course, not everything was better... but some.

Bruddel
x4

Post by Bruddel » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 15:08

Bastelfred wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 19:23
Bruddel wrote:
Fri, 5. Nov 21, 14:37
Just want to add me also to the faction that X Rebirth wasnt bad....
... and lots of the mods from X Rebirth are working well in the VR Edition..
Rebirth did a lot better than X3-4. I would have liked Egosoft to have had more balls and adopted more than the travel drive in X4. The universe layout was better, they should have just worked on the overview. Of course, not everything was better... but some.
na,
not everything was better :-). But i agree. i like the way how the universe is presented. maybe not realistic, and may not believieble, but EyeCandy, and a better to the point. Specially the stations really feels like a Spacecity itself. I try to recreate this in X4 with my stationsbuilds, but its the overall layout...
however, meanwhile X Rebirth is my way to go, when it comes to VR in Space. X4 when it comes to spent time with a cup of tea, in front of the computer. ^^

roy35150
x4

Post by roy35150 » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 16:27

2900 hrs in xr with cwir mod and still loveing every minute,

x4 is simply unbalanced in its current state and really offers nothing more than rebirth modded.

x4 will be good when they get a proper balance and polish it up but right now u can kill everything in the game with an asgard?

try that in cwir with one battleship and your dead meat straight away.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”