Equioment Transfer Problem

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cmdrjim112

Equioment Transfer Problem

Post by cmdrjim112 » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 20:06

Hello.. I'm a new player.. I have both my ships docked at an Equipment yard.. and per the manual, I select Station, Ship, Freight exchange to transfer equipment.. except I do not see any "Equipment transfer" option.. any help?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 20:59

That is a very out of date manual now. :(

For capitals, wares are transfered when one or both ships are undocked in space using the ships' cargohauler drones. The transfer wares command is in the ships' captains' orders page or menu. One of the ships will jump/boost/fly close to the other one to do the transfer. (Give the faster and more agile ship the order. You can select 'transfer to' or 'transfer from'.)

It is often (still) quicker for the Skunk to be OOZ from the transfer while in progress, although you can indeed stay IZ and close by to watch the drones doing the transfer - which *might* take a bit longer that way.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

cmdrjim112

Post by cmdrjim112 » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 23:08

Oh boy... Thanks for the reply... but a lot of what you said does not make sense .. Skunk, carohauler drones, captain's orders page, etc... It appears I need an updated manual...

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 00:11

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =950355253

Although this was written for XRVR, a lot of it applies to XR. Also, would appreciate any feedback regarding inaccuracies (which i'll probably find the time to fix sooner rather than later) or readability (which i'll probably try to keep in mind for next time).

Also a lot of information in the wiki:

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... birth+Wiki

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 11:46

Just as a sanity check, are you playing X Rebirth (as this forum is named for) or a different X game?

I cannot understand how any Rebirth player would not know that the [Albion] Skunk is their one and only personal ship.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 13:17

Alan Phipps wrote:Just as a sanity check, are you playing X Rebirth (as this forum is named for) or a different X game?

I cannot understand how any Rebirth player would not know that the [Albion] Skunk is their one and only personal ship.
Hi,

Being an old X hand you need a leap of understanding to realize that the goods in the inventory (i.e. on board the Skunk) can't be transferred anywhere else and vice versa.

cu
Rainer

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 15:23

" ... but a lot of what you said does not make sense .. Skunk, cargohauler drones, captain's orders page, etc ..." is what I was referring to. That does not sound much like a Rebirth player's comment, especially from one who seems to already own at least two capital ships.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 22:08

Since there are no "Equipment Yards" in Rebirth, I'm betting the OP is playing one of the earlier games and means 'Equipment Dock'.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Yonder
x3

Post by Yonder » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 16:28

He also says he has both of his ships docked, and there are no docking orders in X Rebirth, your ships only "dock" for very short amounts of time to accomplish related orders.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 17:51

Since the OP has lost interest here, let's let this die.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”