Upgrading captains

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ajime
x4

Upgrading captains

Post by ajime » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 02:59

Is there a way to train an already assigned captain to my capital? Can't seem to see the option, and can't get him back on board/fire too. i bought him in haste with poor navigation last time during capping. Didn't feel like selling off the ship though.

pgllrdp
x4

Post by pgllrdp » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 03:50

The way to train the captain is with skill books, you have to craft an item (paranid jewellery is easiest) then find someone on a station to talk with using small talk.

More info here

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... nd+rewards

You can also change your captain by Hiring another and dock with the ship then tell the captain to work here replace the other employee. (I put these poor skilled captains in construction vehicles)

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 03:56

Couple ways to train:

1. In game, if you assemble some of the "gifts" (for example, the jewelry gift assembled from gold nuggets, rough gemstones, and one more thing I forget), you can take a smalltalk conversation past the first level, and ask for a training seminar at the end. The NPC will give you a seminar from his best skill, and you can then convo or click your captain and apply that seminar to him, increasing that particular skill by one star (per seminar). It's just a matter of finding seminars from NPCs that have the same skills as captains (so talk to other captains and chat them up then give the gift then chat them up more).

2. Hire captains with better skills, go to the ship, and tell the new captain to "work here" replacing the old captain.

3. Mods, specifically the Auto-Train mod by Pref. (Speaking of mods, Show Skills is useful too.)

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 05:18

Hi,

there are also a number of special lockboxes hidden outside of stations containing (among others) virtual trainings.

Here you can find a spreadsheed with nearly all locations.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

cu
Rainer

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 20:15

pgllrdp wrote:The way to train the captain is with skill books, you have to craft an item (paranid jewellery is easiest) then find someone on a station to talk with using small talk.

More info here

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... nd+rewards

You can also change your captain by Hiring another and dock with the ship then tell the captain to work here replace the other employee. ...
Just to be clear, there's no need to dock with the ship in order to change captains. If you're in space, the captains will hop drones to their respective destinations (the Skunk and the capital ship). Just go to the back of the Skunk and tell the new captain to 'work somewhere else' and designate the capital ship. He/she will fly over to it and the old captain will fly back to the Skunk, where you can fire him/her if you wish. (If it's the captain of a newly built ship, he/she will simply disappear rather than board the Skunk).
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

pgllrdp
x4

Post by pgllrdp » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 11:26

Almost 1000 hours playing rebirth and I did not know that :)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”