Starting again?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wizaerd
x4

Post by wizaerd » Sun, 15. Jan 17, 00:09

I prefer to play with a controller over m+kb... I'm more comfortable and relaxed. However, the default mapping was pretty horrible when I played so very long ago. And trying to remap it myself wasnt a fun experience. I know there are limited buttons, but there are plenty of button combos that could be implemented (see Elite Dangerous for a good example). Can anyone say if the default controller schemes have been improved any?

Typically, the story in the X games always served as a tutorial for the sandbox mode. But seeing as there's been many new features added to the game, as well as DLC, has the story/tutorial been updated to include all the new stuff? Does it do a good job to get someone comfortable with the game, and knowledgable enough to transition to sandbox?

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Mon, 16. Jan 17, 03:11

The Story does not cross into the DLC regions. Although each DLC has a Generic Plot line to encourage you to explore and map the new areas.

There have been no offical Video Tutorials added since Teladi Outpost. and the weapon mods, jump drive and SETA are just additional crafting items.

Muddling through Station Building in the sandbox is perhaps a better way to learn the station building mechanic in the game.

I don't think the Tutorial has been broken further by the DLC and those early reported plot blocking bugs have been fixed.

-- Ormac

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 16. Jan 17, 06:08

Hi,

has anybody taken the laudable task of creating a complete list of craftings anywhere?

cu
Rainer
Ormac wrote:The Story does not cross into the DLC regions. Although each DLC has a Generic Plot line to encourage you to explore and map the new areas.

There have been no offical Video Tutorials added since Teladi Outpost. and the weapon mods, jump drive and SETA are just additional crafting items.

Muddling through Station Building in the sandbox is perhaps a better way to learn the station building mechanic in the game.

I don't think the Tutorial has been broken further by the DLC and those early reported plot blocking bugs have been fixed.

-- Ormac

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 16. Jan 17, 09:21

RainerPrem wrote:has anybody taken the laudable task of creating a complete list of craftings anywhere?
[Crafting] XRebirth Secret
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 16. Jan 17, 09:26

The game has vastly improved since release not only in gameplay but choices within gameplay... My preferred method of learning the game was through (as Ormac stated "muddling through"), youtube and the Rebirth Wiki which was sadly not available at launch.
I have never played the tutorial more than about 10% as I find the "sandbox method" the best way of learning to suit my style of gameplay...

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 16. Jan 17, 10:55

Hi,
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
RainerPrem wrote:has anybody taken the laudable task of creating a complete list of craftings anywhere?
[Crafting] XRebirth Secret
I know that post (it comes up at first position in Google search) but most of the screenshots are no longer visible.

cu
Rainer

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 16. Jan 17, 11:20

All the screenshots in the opening post work fine for me.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 16. Jan 17, 11:23

Just checked and all pics are easily visible, just click on diagram...... unless I am looking at the wrong pictures,,, entirely possible.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 16. Jan 17, 12:20

It sounds like the images in that great thread are fine. An alternative source of the same info is the wiki, which credits that thread as being the source of the related info.

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... KI/Secrets

The wiki also lists some additional secrets (other unique lock boxes, and additional forum-based info).

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 16. Jan 17, 18:18

Hi,
X2-Illuminatus wrote:All the screenshots in the opening post work fine for me.
It's apparently the barrier at work inhibiting access.

Thanks.

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”