NEWS: X Rebirth VR Edition, Updates and X4

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 02:05

Browser_ice wrote:Sorry but I may be blind or too tired but clicking the link where the beta forum is just brings up the normal form for me. I don't understand where to go to get Beta info on X3AP.
X3 AP is in the L3 (level 3) section of the forums, go to your forum profile and tick the box where you volunteer to be a L3 Devnet member, that should open for you the X3 beta forum.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 02:22

Wow, great Christmas announcements. Can not wait to try XR Vr and X4.

Big thanks, :D

To all the best wishes in the next holidays. :lol:
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 02:37

Meh.

Kind of Exciting.

X4!!!(Ad infinitium, in increasingly large type face.)
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

phantomrock2
x4

Woooo Hooooo

Post by phantomrock2 » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 02:51

Yes yes YEEEEEEEES
I just wonder if (my) Yokohomas will stop smackin into me while in a wing.
[" thank you "]

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 03:06

Sweet!

Definitely a +1 to being able to pilot everything/anything. The Role-play aspect of the game demands it.

It is not "inconceivable" that one may find themselves employed as a Defense Officer or Helmsman/Pilot during the course of the game, especially during the earlier stages of the plot where the player otherwise has no access to super expensive capital ships.
0101...0011...0011...0101...2!

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 03:47

Good job,
looking forward to all this.
Cheers

Bandus
x4

Post by Bandus » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 04:16

I just want to add that I'm an extremely excited about the Final Note in this announcement. A "true" X4 is what I have been waiting for and that attention has been given to it is extremely encouraging.

Although, I will say that a rumor is floating around that capital ships will not be controllable in X4. If this is true, I implore Egosoft to reconsider this. Building up a capital ship and feeling like I was commanding my empire from the bridge of a massive ship was basically the driving force behind why I started in to the X series of games.

harley9699
x3

Post by harley9699 » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 04:42

bambikaka wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote:
Skeeter wrote:Hmm more x game development. :(

Wished you would make a new IP set in space instead of redoing the same game over and over again.

I know bernd is x mad and doesnt wana do anything else but it would be interesting to see what egosoft as a company could do with a new IP and not be known just for 1 IP/game.
Personally, I have to disagree - sticking to one universe allows it to grow in depth (and breadth), the lore expanding with each new release. For those of us to whom story matters, that's very important. Starting anew will never allow the same quantity and quality of backstory to be created, even if a large cadre of staff is assigned to the task exclusively - lore has to grow semi-organically over an extended period of time, and inaccuracies, hearsay and contradictions actually end up contributing as much as canon.

Furthermore, the X-verse has had a shipload of creativity invested into it - to simply throw it all away would be a waste of criminal magnitude. In my opinion...
totally agree with this, especially that i think of XR like that new IP and, well, it didnt go well :) the x universe is quite unique and i think this is the main reason why so many x fans run off seeing xr, we wanted to continue living in THAT x universe we left at X3.

about the station building i would like a version between X3 and XR. or to be more detailed id like to build any station module separately like in x3 if i want but when i want to go for hubs, aka connect more modules, they should properly connect into an xr style station. i dont think it would be so complicated. no fixed modules upon fixed modules but freely chosen module connect to corridor connect to other module. let us be creative pls
That's exactly right. They should have just stayed with 'our' universe as we know it, and have known it, since the very first iteration through X3:AP. XR does feel like a new IP...and, yes, it failed (and sucked). Plus, star lanes? One ship? Gtfo with that nonsense.
It'd be like changing Civ to an ultra-fast playing rts. Go with what you know, and what we know (and expect), then just make it better, bigger, and badder.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 07:31

Can we get VR support for the existing game please. With the head tracking and 3D implementation please?

Graaf
x3tc

Re: NEWS: X Rebirth VR Edition, Updates and X4

Post by Graaf » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 07:38

Bernd wrote:There is, however, also another project that we are working on and which is equally exciting to us: X4. It is still too early to talk about many details of this, and it doesn't even have a full name yet, but we are making good progress and I wanted to share a few words with you about what we have been doing in the last couple of years.

When we worked on X Rebirth we needed to make a lot of simplifications. We removed some features in order to be able to concentrate on others. But when X Rebirth was released, many fans expected it to be an "X4"; a game with most of the key features of the X3 games and then some. Since then, we have worked hard to make X Rebirth a better game, incorporating player feedback, continuing to develop the engine it is based on, and releasing many updates and expansions. However we also realise that there are still many unfulfilled wishes, some of which would require extensive changes that couldn't be implemented in the existing game. Many of these are things we would also like to see in a space game and these, along with the foundations laid by all the work and feedback that went into X Rebirth, have been the basis for the big project that we have been working on for the last few years: a real X4.

While I cannot say much about its features yet, what I can tell you about it so far is that it will allow you to fly many different ships, it will give you an all-new interface to manage large fleets, and it will give you full freedom when building stations from individual modules.
Bernd says X4, but he describes Rebirth 2. A real X4 would allow me to pilot every ship available.

No news is good news, because this is just disappointing.

Hicky
x4

Post by Hicky » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 08:18

Great news on X4. :thumb_up:

m_csquare
x4

Post by m_csquare » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 09:33

Please let X4 be like X3TC/AP. If they just add bigger section map, UI, graphic, and better faster flight system, I'll be more than satisfied. Random events (ie: broken ships, corporation war, or any events that lead to quest chain) are also welcome
I'm lost in space.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 11:17

I'm still sceptical... ;) But this is welcome news anyway. I am also of the opinion that an X4 would really need to include the mechanics (conceptually) that already exist in X3, with updates and added depth and a general improvement to the UI that you'd expect from the continuation of technological development etc. etc. but... yeah, I really feel that it would need to be rooted in what the series always allowed you to do in order to not feel that things were lost between 3->4.
I will remain somewhat hopeful.
Also merry Christmas + happy new year guys.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

bambikaka

Post by bambikaka » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 11:51

Graaf wrote:Bernd says X4, but he describes Rebirth 2. A real X4 would allow me to pilot every ship available.

No news is good news, because this is just disappointing.
you nailed it. and not just that but the there will be ships with more than one gun also a disappointment. (from lino irc)

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 12:56

Thanks to the team to listening to their community and doing X4.

I know that you spend a lot of time on Rebirth at it must have been painful to see feedback.

I would buy X4 in hearthbeat if it was just X3 with X-rebirth graphics, you don't need much. Just give as X experience of creating our little space empires.

BattleXer
x4

Post by BattleXer » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 13:51

Great news Egosoft!!!

Can't wait for more news on X4!
Kinda bounced off X:R, but X3 was one of my all time favourites.
Looking forward to playing it.

Cheers.

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 14:16

Awsome news and nice to see it's alive! May one ask for some small things here?
Like please oh god please Egosoft, can we get some explanation on all the skills those characters have in the pedia? Or when you hoover you mouse over said skill for that char?
A minor issue, could the guards in the Teladi area on the stations, NOT be humans? Like teladi maybe?

Other things exist, but dman those listed changes in the OP are nice!

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 16:03

This news sound great, but i really fear to feel a hype for X4, when i think back at X:R. I had some expectation back then, that were nor fulfilled. I hope it will be different with X4. Hear what the player like about the game and dont develop, what is unimportant for most.
We have seen what we had with the old x trilogy, where we could'nt enter stations and where the trading wasnt realistically slow - but fun! In X3:ap we could transport what we want manually how we want - cause we had SETA.

What i really disliked at X:R was that trading was'nt really possible, as it was either slow (if its the x3 trading) or boring (if its the 'search NPC on station' trading). Only the action part was nice and - to be honest - there are many games out there with a good action part. What made the x series unique was the sandbox feeling, where you could chose the ship you want to fly, have many you could own and controle at a time and also own stations, you could put where you wanted (if you could defend them of course). If you take a look at popular mods, you see what people have hoped to see, like an effective way to be independant from the main races, as litcubes mod or the x-tended mod are showing.

Please forgive my ranting and take it as an advice to be carefull, where the development is aiming for!
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

DorianEU

Post by DorianEU » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 16:05

X4 will it have:

Havoc physx
and Destructible parts on all types Spaceships?

macross
x4

Post by macross » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 17:08

Bernd wrote: [*]There will be a VR game based on X Rebirth: the X Rebirth: VR Edition.
[*]X4 is in development!
SO much happy :D

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”