New X game wishlist!! write here features you need in next X game

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Assailer
x4

Post by Assailer » Mon, 30. May 16, 09:45

In a new title they should remove all human 3d models or do them properly which is hard and costly.

My preference would be to remove them and stick to 2d renders.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 31. May 16, 00:22

X Universe with space sim at its core but then branching out into 4X & RTS is the right thing to do imho, this is the formula that can deliver a world leading game.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 2. Jun 16, 01:07

Assailer wrote:In a new title they should remove all human 3d models or do them properly which is hard and costly.

My preference would be to remove them and stick to 2d renders.

I like that they are branching out to new features of their genre.
But like you said, you can't half-arse this. If done right this feature can be a brilliant addition to the X series.. But yeah, not enough resources and it lost it's charm.

They should be procedurally generated Stations to make them more interesting and allow modders to make their own packages so we can see stations that are never the same.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Thu, 2. Jun 16, 13:45

I want a pony. And rainbows!*

*I could be bought off by allowing me to fly whatever I want, with no repeated references by NPCs to how I'm a dirty, stinking male.

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Thu, 2. Jun 16, 16:32

Finished X game at release.

Give a beta/early access if you can't.
AMD R7 2700X 3.7GHz - GTX 1070 Ti 8Go Asus cerberus - 16Go RAM 3200MHz - Asus Prime X470-Pro - LG 32" 4K 60Hz - SSD Samsung Evo850 512 GB - HDD Toshiba 2 To 7200 Tr/min - Onkyo HTS-7800 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Thu, 2. Jun 16, 21:03

60 fps IN ALL STAGE THE GAME :)

all others fall below this

Cucumber King
x3

Post by Cucumber King » Sun, 5. Jun 16, 15:15

The big question at the moment is how to differentiate X4 from Star Citizen / Elite Dangerous.

The answer:

Focus on the "*1st Person Space Empire Builder*". Say it's a new genre your venturing forth into in your marketing material. Make this the focus.

Introduce empire building features with your first factory more early and make it easier and intuitive to manage the growing empire through a top down RTS view that can be used to designate fleet movement and trade - and factory supply routes. (Limit Theory had an interesting concept for the RTS view)

The worst thing that could happen if X4 were to try to be *like* Star Citizen / Elite Dangerous. The next X game cannot reach the level of high fidelity of a Star Citizen campaign, for example. It's simply not possible because the Egosoft is not the biggest studio.

BUT

Focusing on a differentiator that is in itself FOCUSED and not wasting your time and energy on things you're not good at (campaigns, cough...) will result in a potentially strong game.

Trim the fat, Egosoft.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 5. Jun 16, 20:21

I think Egosoft is trying to be too much original. For example they are trying to make always new things(their way) and not looking for other games and how they do things. They should look other games and take ideas from them like Homeworld map and RTS mechanics. But instead we have attempt to make their original map that is not worth anything in my opinion (not efficient and cant do much with it) :( They should be trying to copy or make features simular that worked in other games and that can work with XR or any X games in future. Instead of trying to make their original that might that might work or not. Of course they should keep core mechanics always original (like economy) but thingss like piracy,boarding, missions designs,maps,exploring, customization...... They should look for other games where they wore successfully implemented in game. Also there are some awsome ideas from some community members or even mods that they could use ;)
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 5. Jun 16, 20:53

More story driven less sandbox is all i ask.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sun, 5. Jun 16, 22:35

Rule 101 : There are two classic ways to innovate and compete in a finite market.. let us in this case assume the market is space sims. You either

1. Take what <someone else> has done before, and do it better (good example being 1980's Elite bought up to date in 2010+)

2. You create a new and better way of doing things (good example being Homeworld where space ship battles became fleet battles, or Wing Commander with its FMV RPG, X Trilogy with deep economic simulation)

I wish for sanity checking.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 5. Jun 16, 22:52

I think RTS part is more complicated than just a GUI.
Even if we have the GUI it won't be fun with the current game logic (aka constant enem spawn out of thin air).

No matter if you have most powerfull navy in the universe the enemy just have constant spawns that will wear you down if not military or economically then simple psychically (frustration of the OOS combat or stupic combat AI or dozen more stupid irritating things, or in the end micromanagement hell).

I think this obstacle is more serious than it looks like.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 6. Jun 16, 08:40

It probably is more complicated.... But if they manage to overcome this it will give player much easier UI and way to control their assets. Instead using 20 menus to move 2 ships to location you could use 4 clicks on map. It will also give player chance to control ships in combat. Currently it is way to slow and by the time you do that you or your ships will probably die :( Also you would be able to select multiple ships at same time on map and tell it what to do (protecting ship,assign to stations....). This would be more user friendly that what we have now.This UI might be good for FPS interface but not when it comes managing your assets. But of course this wouldnt be Xbox controller friendly anymore ;)
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 6. Jun 16, 09:48

* thoroughly tested, specially against AI stupidness/mindless bumping.
* Lots of Exploration.

BigVern
x3tc

Post by BigVern » Mon, 6. Jun 16, 22:15

A ship we can walk around and interact with the crew, similar to Mass Effect - first time I saw the Normandy in MEII I fell in love with it. We could even have the rover from ME1 and use it to scout planet surfaces for minerals, etc.

The ability to customize and upgrade the ship. It annoys the hell out of me in XR to walk into the cabin and see the filthy, rusty mess - no wonder the passengers complain! Better accommodation = higher fares. One of the AI clones frequently asks, "Where's the bar?" Well I'd like to have the bar serving Delexian ale and perhaps the odd cahoona, too.

But the over-riding thing has to be the sandbox combined with plausible and playable main story(s) which keep the player hooked. Without wishing to quote other games/styles the Fallout approach is ideal with a main story line that can be followed, but many side campaigns or radiant missions which can be used to build resources or XP. Maybe branching storyline too, with more than one possible ending depending on the choices you make, people you kill etc.
Three Time Beagle Point Veteran

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 6. Jun 16, 23:47

BigVern wrote:A ship we can walk around and interact with the crew, similar to Mass Effect - first time I saw the Normandy in MEII I fell in love with it. We could even have the rover from ME1 and use it to scout planet surfaces for minerals, etc.
Yes but can you FLY the Normandy? Not really, now can you?

People really need to have a grasp of things, you cant expect to cram every single gameplay aspect or mechanic in any game. Sure in ME the Normandy its great, it fits the RPG focus of that game, in a first person space game I need the focus to be on the space flying bit, not walking around. Watching a (the same) cutscene every time I chose a location does not really cut it and I dont see anyone complaning in ME forums about the lack of controll during flight (granted I dont read ME forums, so there is that). Once the flying bit is polished, sure have some Firewatch (aka walking sim) added to the game.

What I'm trying to illustrate for most part is that preferences vary as there are stars in the galaxy. ;-)

MFG

Ketraar

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 7. Jun 16, 01:11

I would actually love to see interiors like in Mass Effect as well.... But upgrading should be simular to power armor from Fallout 4 as well as weapons. Armor is all beat up and each upgrade you do it gets better and stronger. Also we should use junk items to craft things like that on first place ;) Anyway it would be better if we get blueprints from ships that we destroy and than we can craft weapon mods....

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Tue, 7. Jun 16, 01:37

Just a couple off the top of my head, some I believe are possible with mods currently but I'd like to see them implemented by Egosoft as standard:

- Save designs
If you've equipped your ship with a nice assortment of guns that work well together, save it as a blueprint of sorts and have it easily accessible when you next go to a shipyard to be able to duplicate it.

- Have multiple levels of advanced AI
Keep computer controlled ships as it is currently, but be able to hire pilots who have better AI, the better their skills = the more expensive, plus you could have unique pilots like plot-essential characters who join you after you advance it far enough and are cheaper/free.

- Non-terribad UI
Simple: If you think "is this menu/map similar to Rebirth?" and the answer is yes, do the opposite.

- Never confine the player
No-one likes the Skunk.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Tue, 7. Jun 16, 02:40

I want more flyable ships, but I am torn as there is a trade off, do I want fewer flyable ships with detailed interiors and cockpits or more ships with an "overlay" cockpit instead of a whole 3D one.

I am leaning more towards the "overlay cockpit" and more variety at the moment, if they deliver bridges for capital ships, as that kind of balances.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 7. Jun 16, 03:06

I think they should do same interiors for all types of ships. For example all L should have just one interior and XL should have its own interiors as well. Each race should have different models.... But what i want to see is giving player ability to build their own interiors. This way we can build our own stuff any way we like.... Also players should be able to share their designs as well.

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Tue, 7. Jun 16, 03:14

Please, no detailed player ship interiors. Why? Two reasons. First, the focus should be on space, not some pointless aesthetic diversion. Second, I don't want to be stuck in yet another overpowered unique ship full of dirty laundry and rusting metal.

Yeah, so my issue with Ren the Unclean was in there somewhere--but I prefer less defined protagonists in my sandbox. Let me play who I want to play.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”