Anti-wishlist for the next game

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Assailer
x4

Post by Assailer » Sun, 10. Jan 16, 15:22

Instead the crew announcing the obvious, i would rather listen random chatter on stations, announcements...

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 11. Jan 16, 08:15

I don't want any over-the-top graphics. Instead of complex detail, lot of geometry and large amount of effects, just make it run fast even on regular laptops. There are many beautiful games that don't need fancy effects and ultra high textures, but look beautiful because of their selected visual style.

I don't want any opened cockpits. Give me the most obstructive you got and place it in the back of the ship so the front of my ship occupies even more view.
Iam flying a god-damned SPACESHIP so I want to feel like I do. Screw X3's lack of cockpits, it's offensive (not literally :D ).
Hawk cockpit, leave it there for those who prefer first-person arcade shooters :P

Take this with a grasp of salt, my wishlist is serious but writing isn't.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 11. Jan 16, 13:02

I don't want to see widespread condemnation from players, fans, critics and reviewers.

I don't want to see the UI at the point of release and that being the first oppourtunity to feedback.

bambikaka

Post by bambikaka » Mon, 11. Jan 16, 13:58

i dont want spacedust and asteroids everywhere, i dont want flashy colors and fog, i want the big black empty and me in the middle of it because this is what space is about

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Mon, 11. Jan 16, 14:58

I dunno, brightly coloured planets and nebulae have been in the X-series a lot longer than X:R. I always found it strangely comfy to be in The Hole, navigating only by instruments, enveloped in the fog.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Mon, 11. Jan 16, 18:04

MegaJohnny wrote:I dunno, brightly coloured planets and nebulae have been in the X-series a lot longer than X:R. I always found it strangely comfy to be in The Hole, navigating only by instruments, enveloped in the fog.
Prior to Reunion there was no nebula in The Hole. It was actually just like Bambikaka describes a dimly lit sector.

bambikaka

Post by bambikaka » Mon, 11. Jan 16, 19:19

Graaf wrote:
MegaJohnny wrote:I dunno, brightly coloured planets and nebulae have been in the X-series a lot longer than X:R. I always found it strangely comfy to be in The Hole, navigating only by instruments, enveloped in the fog.
Prior to Reunion there was no nebula in The Hole. It was actually just like Bambikaka describes a dimly lit sector.
most sectors were just big black empty in reunion. the first mods i used were to remove the green slime and the asteroids... i didnt care of the few nebulas on the background image but they didnt have a light effect to paint all your screen to one single color and they werent as big as the entire scene

Ravenhurst

Post by Ravenhurst » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 02:02

anti-wishlost, not a bad idea :D lemme see...

-highways
got better but I still could do without. Should be almost invisble so they look less like tunnels. Or just be visible when you get really close. Or can them alltogether and just give me a lightspeed engine and a waypoint.

- mediocre voiceacting
better leave it out if you can't keep it on par with other indie games

-forced co-pilot
if absolutely necessary at least add choices. Let me hire a beeping robot, a wookie, a girl or a giant ugly blob

-over convoluted dialogues that could be stripped down/tightened

- opening and stealing from lockers like a cleptomaniac and no one standing around cares, no reputation effect etc.

JimmiG
x3

Post by JimmiG » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 12:37

-The minigames need to go away. This is not a mobile game.

-Smalltalk especially (it's also a minigame but it deserves its own bullet because it's so obnoxious).."Interested in AI? I can tell you about it!" - what are you, the resident AI expert of the galaxy?

-Highways: Not a bad idea at the stat of the game but later you should get a jump drive

-Co-pilot should be optional

-More automation/less tedious manual work.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 13:38

Ha, it is good to see people coming to their senses...
I pretty much agree with every point of the OP.

I will just add a few things :
- no ridiculous trading system that requires to babysit the freighters (that you can not fly because... it is too slow !!!)
- no insanely fast repairs, IS or OOS
Right on commander !

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 13:42

JimmiG wrote:-The minigames need to go away. This is not a mobile game.
Don't think they should just "go away".

Some of them could certainly be improved, however don't think it would be good if, for example, players could easily steal resources & products from station storage modules without having to do anything. Same with turning off a station's guns or disabling production. Current hacking system may not be perfect, but removing it & not replacing it with something better would just make that aspect of game far too easy. Playing the pirate in XR would be considerably less fun if these game mechanics were just removed.

Feel the same about scanning shielded production modules (e.g. URV stations) - dodging around police ships in an illegal Beholder drone, finding places to hide for a while if they start scanning etc is a fun challenge. Could probably be improved, however would certainly miss it if it was just removed from the game completely & nothing new was put in it's place.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 19:27

GCU Grey Area wrote:
JimmiG wrote:-The minigames need to go away. This is not a mobile game.
Don't think they should just "go away".
hacking should be done fully within game style (i.e. flying hacking drone (or walking by player) inserting/affecting(one click) (hack) chips at large number of points in correct order, while security would try to catch you/destroy drone), stealing (without being caught) should require good hacking :).

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 20:39

Geek wrote:- no ridiculous trading system that requires to babysit the freighters (that you can not fly because... it is too slow !!!)
No. They finally made large-scaled trading fun for me. Should be kept for next game, just add an alternative

raUlo
x4

Post by raUlo » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 21:28

I'll write down a wishlist but I think you can guess which are the "anti-wishes" :wink: :

- ability to leave superhighways anywhere and anytime
- sectors being placed all over the solar system. I would like to see Maelstrom from the opposite side of the star (or DeVries, or even Omicron Lyrae). The SETA and what I call to be the "explorer setup" (dashing shield + supercharged engine of any type, to be able to cover huge distances in the least amount of time) enabled me to get to the grey moon and even to the yellow-ish one to the point of being caught in their path, both orbiting the gas giant in Maelstrom. For me, the ability to literally fly around planets as much as I want is almost a dream come true :D
- better, meaning faster and more accurate A.I.
- as short as possible NPC talks, or the ability to skip the long "smell of sweaty male clothing" line
- no more smalltalking NPCs to find skilled crew
- no more ships flying through stations or other objects
- and a sector placed on a Saturn-like planet :-)
Last edited by raUlo on Wed, 13. Jan 16, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 21:33

"raUlo: It almost looks like you don't need X-Rebirth, but Elite Dangerous instead.

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 21:36

I don't want overcrowded zones. Large freighters should stay far away from stations (several km), small ships/drones should take care of the loading/unloading. Having large ships so close to each other and to stations makes absolutely no sense.

Also, no fighter pilots. Fighters should be replaced by larger drones. Again makes absolutely no sense that anyone would want to fly those things, having a life expectancy of seconds once a firefight starts.

raUlo
x4

Post by raUlo » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 21:42

mr.WHO wrote:"raUlo: It almost looks like you don't need X-Rebirth, but Elite Dangerous instead.
Maybe. But ED doesn't have the X-Universe with the arrogant Paranids, peaceful Borons, aggressive Split, profit-seeking Teladi or the devastating self-replicating Xenon :-)

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 22:49

Lord Crc wrote:I don't want overcrowded zones. Large freighters should stay far away from stations (several km), small ships/drones should take care of the loading/unloading. Having large ships so close to each other and to stations makes absolutely no sense.
Maybe, but really hope they don't change that. Spend a lot of time aboard my capitals, in some games it's more than the amount of time I'm flying the Skunk, which becomes little more than a short range shuttle for trips to stations or to gather salvage after a battle. Like to see what going on around me (much better view than from the cramped confines of Skunk's cockpit) & making capitals stay well away from other ships & station would spoil that & greatly diminish my enjoyment of the game.
Also, no fighter pilots. Fighters should be replaced by larger drones. Again makes absolutely no sense that anyone would want to fly those things, having a life expectancy of seconds once a firefight starts.
Also disagree with this - I want to be able to start the next game in one those fighters (preferably the cheapest, most rubbish one in the entire game) & work my way up from there. One of my biggest gripes about XR is I start the game in an M6, when that's exactly the sort of ship I want to spend several months working my way towards, through progression of successively bigger & better ships.

TDQuasar
x4

Post by TDQuasar » Thu, 14. Jan 16, 15:48

My basic approach would be quite simple. Every restriction introduced in X:R compared to X3 should be removed, and Egosoft should start from there.

Examples:

- single ship
- fix station positions

Reintroduce removed but popular features from X3 (this has been going on already). And of course keep the popular features from X:R.

Players in general hate restrictions and love freedom.
X4 Foundations videos ***NOT MODIFIED***
X Rebirth Vanilla Plot videos
X Rebirth videos
I also have a lot of older ***NOT MODIFIED*** X3 videos.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 15. Jan 16, 14:06

mr.WHO wrote:"raUlo: It almost looks like you don't need X-Rebirth, but Elite Dangerous instead.

If it had empire building and single player option then it would signal game over for Egosoft.
But they chose to do the opposite for the Multi-Player-verse which I can't stand personally, making money to buy a ship, landing on some alien worlds or helping out one of the 20 moguls to expand their space.
After that it's just a grind.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”