What do you expect from Egosoft? (next game)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

quick poll about your expectations

X:Rebirth 2 (X:R conception)
31%
X4 (X 1-2-3 conception)
69%

Total votes: 152

rpek32
x3ap

What do you expect from Egosoft? (next game)

Post by rpek32 » Fri, 28. Aug 15, 11:13

http://big-games.info/s/l/x/x_rebirth_2.gif
VS
http://www.arcl07.dsl.pipex.com/x3tc/pics/Image1.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
There is my opinion: no more egosoft games, except fully playable DEMO-VERSIONS. I want know what i paid for.

Waiting X4 for PC
[ external image ][ external image ]
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=359047&start=0 it's for L. Bernd

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 28. Aug 15, 12:20

Tricky since I am expecting the middle ground. X Rebirth engine and most of X Rebirth's current stuff (option 1), with a move towards X3 stuff (e.g. adjusted C&C and flying multiple ships), moving it towards option 2.

tresstarling
x3ap

Post by tresstarling » Fri, 28. Aug 15, 12:38

eitherway is fine.

i don't really care even if it's mixed.

but i don't want the same gameplay like x3. it will get boring

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Fri, 28. Aug 15, 12:57

Take out the tedious stuff like small talk and getting training seminars. Make every ship flyable. Better command and control of AI ships. More end game content. Yeah pretty much make it X3 with XR's graphics.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Fri, 28. Aug 15, 14:24

I think what you will see is an Early Access game with the look and feel of XR with more X Trilogy features not taken as is but redone and improved although not final due to EA.

I also believe it will be released in a similar fashion to X3:AP i.e. without much prior knowledge very much a "here it is, we listened, hope you like it". If Egosoft go down the route of PR before release I think they will just run into all manner of grief.

I'm not sure the black and white poll options cover that.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 28. Aug 15, 14:55

Problem is that the poll is skewed quite a bit....Those that would want a more (for the want of a better description) X3 type Simulation have long since departed .... sadly.
Maybe a survey should ask ....Space Trucker or Space Passenger/Overlord...but I think all the Space Truckers have deserted...( The vast majority ..IMO..)
Never really liked click button and watch scenario type games... There are a whole range of games for this genre, adding X4 or whatever to the list is not on my Xmas list.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 28. Aug 15, 15:54

Rebirth engine with steadily more features from the prior games added in. See how Rebirth has evolved since release and imagine a similar jump - with extra content (Systems etc.) - with whatever is released next. Be it decent sized DLC or a full expansion.

If we liken Rebirth to the original X-btf - the first game with that engine - an "Extended" style expansion is what I expect.

Ultimately I expect to see Albion Prelude feature levels but with the bonus of being in the Rebirth engine with all that's added.

Scoob.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 28. Aug 15, 15:57

I only need the graphics and modular objects from XR. Rest works still better in X3 imo.
Guess its the X4 option then.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 28. Aug 15, 16:04

I'd expect a game similar in many respects to XR though with refinement of some of the rougher aspects of XR, a larger map (hopefully featuring Boron & Paranid controlled systems) & ability to fly different ships.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 28. Aug 15, 21:46

I'd add some better moddability - from script side it's OK, but there is only a handful of ship mods, where all of them are just slightly modified existing models.

X3/TC/AP had crazy amount of ship mods.

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Fri, 28. Aug 15, 21:56

I can only dream, but i would like X4/x rebirth 2, to be similar to x rebirth but better graphics, for trading to really work, managers to really manage.
Stations, even cities on planets too, (yes planetary landings) and able to dock with your capital ship and take command with a full AI crew, (from the bridge, similar to the mod, but with holographic strategic maps).
A Galaxy map, where i can see my empire expand, not only in money and trade, but to capture entire areas, and see my empire colours grow on the galaxy map.
A way to see at a glance where my trade ships are, and to communicate with each individual ship, be able to form different fleets, and give them set orders, or single commands.
Build custom defences on my stations and factories. (having to import the necessary components first)
Design and build my own ships.
With an end game of controlling the whole galaxy, (but that should take a very long time), and ES adding new sectors to the galaxy, using DLC's with increasingly difficult enemies to conquer.

And yes, some of this is already in this game in a basic form, but the vision of my dream game is much different to what we have now.

Like i said, a dream game.
[ external image ]
Asus Tuf A17 Ryzen 7 - 4800h, GTX 1660ti, 16mb ram, ssd drive. win 11.

dlonrar
x3tc

Post by dlonrar » Fri, 28. Aug 15, 22:40

I agree with what the previous posts suggest, that is a more expansive space game based on the past X series games and the new XRebirth engine and universe.

However, if Egosoft do not get the game on XBox and other game consoles and tablets, then it is dead as may be the PC for gaming. Could this explain the delay in more XRebirth for PC development ?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 28. Aug 15, 22:45

dlonrar wrote:... then it is dead as may be the PC for gaming....
You know, people have been predicting the demise of the PC as a gaming platform since the first consoles came out decades ago. Guess what, we're still here. So don't get your tighty whiteys in a bunch. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Sat, 29. Aug 15, 01:20

I always expected a more refined X Rebirth to evolve into a more refined X3 style experience. My biggest 'want' would be a really meaty focus on exploration, finding cool hidden zones for our own bases, or shipwrecks that reinforce lore.

Fleet command should be a must, with the glut of space games on the market Egosoft will have to seize that niche of commanding a vast empire but also being able to be hands on. But they also must really develop a substantial late game, it is one thing that has really been lacking from all their titles, they've never really cracked it.

With the feature that some people don't like (such as small talk), I'd like them kept, but the ethos should always be about alternate options—if you are rich you should be able to buy your way throughout the game.

I'm hopefull for Egosoft as none of the other games out have really delivered the experience that the X-series does.
Nanook wrote:
dlonrar wrote:... then it is dead as may be the PC for gaming....
You know, people have been predicting the demise of the PC as a gaming platform since the first consoles came out decades ago. Guess what, we're still here. So don't get your tighty whiteys in a bunch. :P
PC gaming is probably the strongest it's been in years.

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Sat, 29. Aug 15, 02:10

I haven't read all the posts here yet, and I didn't make a choice because:

I would be hot for any of them provided that the added features would make an interesting game. Both approaches can lead to that IMO, I would however prefer the X3 approach (but not so much to vote for it).

XenonS

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Sat, 29. Aug 15, 03:45

A miracle...

XR is full of misconceptions from Egosoft regarding their customerbase that that I think their next game will fall flat on its face, pleasing neither X3 fans or present XR fans.

I want a game where I can sit back, slowly build up my industrial capacity, manage an empire, send off a fleet to get blown away because I feel like it, rebuild the fleet and send it to be blown up once again all while i sit on my flagship and sip some terran wine then build the mother of all fleets and nuke those Argon traitors down to atoms. All done through a well thoughtout and efficent user interface. Yeah yeah, I'm spouting heresy here.

I don't want a second job as a g*****mn babysitter who's constantly pestered by obnoxious employees who must be handheld by me until I can dump their over to a retarded manager whom again needs babysitting due to their inability to perform anything of value.... :evil: All done in a UI that makes going to the dentist a pleasure.

If Egosoft are charging AAA price on their next game, they better f******g deliver AAA quality!!!

Note: I had to blow out some steam since I've been playing XR with the CWIR again, and while I'm trying to like it, it's so hard when I find vanilla design choices that are glaringly bad gameplaywise...
Note 2: CWIR on the other hand rocks, now there's class AAA+ design there. Blackrain and Rubini are my senpais :oops:
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Sat, 29. Aug 15, 04:26

dlonrar wrote:... if Egosoft do not get the game on XBox and other game consoles and tablets, then it is dead as may be the PC for gaming...
You haven't heard of Star Citizen do you?.

Mine has survived 2 generations of consoles (with some improvements) and i can play more games in it than any console in the market (of course not all are worth playing, same on consoles xD), there are more game periferials compatible with PCs than any console.

That been said, i would totally erase the X-rebirth timeline, story, characters and ships and pretend that never happened. Of course that means i would like the X4 approach.

I think they should stay true to their roots and just improve the things from there. I like the station construction thing in X-rebirth but that's it. If they wanted to do things easier to the player, they should have stayed with the concept of one station dedicated to certain products and give the chance to build CUSTOMIZED STATION COMPLEXES from the start (via some building interface), so we can do what we want (that of course would allow us to build self sufficient stations like in X3).

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Sat, 29. Aug 15, 04:55

Sorry guys but I have to throw out this:
The adequate gaming is still a good gaming computer with adequate material, and not these holycrap consoles like xbox or ps4, sorry, there are toys and the things for real men and women...Do not confuse the 2 leagues...

XenonS

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sat, 29. Aug 15, 09:48

birdtable wrote:Problem is that the poll is skewed quite a bit....Those that would want a more (for the want of a better description) X3 type Simulation have long since departed .... sadly.
And even without them the vote is slightly more leaning towards X4, but that is probably my vote as one of the few remaining old fans.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sat, 29. Aug 15, 10:11

Sadly none of the options listed and you should have put a "other" option in.

X is done to death the last good x game was x2. Move on to a different universe set in space please. Dont be defined by one good game and ride on its merits till the end of time egosoft. Im sure you can do something even better if you stepped away from x and did something new. Theres only so much u can do in a rehash of the same game every few year so why not go ahead and take the brave step and pull out another winning game but dont make the same mistake as in doing the same game with updates here and there. One or two sequels is fine but dont milk it.

From a player thats been around since 1999 and loved xbtf for its music and setting and characters then x2 for the diff ships ui and story even if it wasnt great its better than x3 and whats gone ahead of them. No interest in building stations or running them now its done to death in x games. If you want to do more of that just replay any of the x games. Its time to move on to something that isnt mainly about station building and running now.

Imo. I know some of you still want x4 or whatever but if ur from xbtf era and played all the games then surely some of you want the same by now. New players will want probably another game set in x.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”