Will there be done something about DeVries Economy?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Which of the mentioned changes should be implemented?

fix expansion; expand expansion; do the production thing; add new resources
40%
fix expansion; expand expansion; do the production thing
20%
fix expansion; expand expansion; add new resources
3%
fix expansion; do the production thing; add new resources
No votes
fix expansion; expand expansion
5%
fix expansion; do the production thing
3%
fix expansion; add new resources
3%
only fix the expansion
5%
I don't care
10%
I don't want this
13%

Total votes: 40

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 14:49

The Hayabusas thing sounds odd _ i would imagine more could be stored in the station. Are you sure that the station has all the ingredients needed for their production? lacking something, like RMP or Fusion Rectors, is a common cause of stuck ship production.

SyberSmoke
x4

Post by SyberSmoke » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 19:55

Shipyard logic is a little silly. Personally I think they need to put in a check before building a ship to see if there are materials in their first before attempting to build something.

Something silly like the manager walking over to the storage bays and looking at the empty spaces before going "No guys sorry, we can not build this, keep all the docks free." And the same would apply to the S/M yard to...yes it builds in batches...but still if you do not have the parts...why even start building it.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 22:33

Agreed :)

GrafSchlaf
x4

Post by GrafSchlaf » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 10:54

After buying all 3 available Hayabusas production of the 75 batch started.
Due to my stupidity I missed to check how many are in the storage after the cycle. The old problem of cycle is still there, if the storage of the product from a cycle is full it will halt the production until it is free again, instead of skipping this cycle and going to the next batch of products. Changing this behaviour probably would help with some economical problems.

Regarding the building start without resources:
The HvA shipyard has a stuck Arawn at 43% while the SY has a bit of everything in stock. Checking what's the Arawn needs and what is lacking to deliver it is indeed tedious.

A building queue would be handy, like NPCs queue their order and the player also adds his order to the queue. The queue list gets iterated over and checked if the resources for an order are available, if they are the build job starts. If you want to build a CV while the NPCs queued an Arawn before but the resources for both jobs are not available the player CV would probably start first while the Arawn would start later if all resources for it gotten available. If a player queues an Arawn after an NPC Arawn the NPC triggered job would start first, but anyways the player would have to wait for it to finish in both ways, if there is a x% construction site which lacks resources or if there is an unstarted job before his job in the queue.
This could be handy, but would need some serious testing.
Just dreaming a little bit :)

Back to DeVries, I am still wondering where I could sell all the turrets and missiles/rockets that are stacking up there. Even if the SY builds an Sucellus it requires not much weaponry.
I'll probably need to export them manually.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 11:05

Egosoft have made strides in the direction of fixing the old issue that a station can fill up storage with ingredients needed for their products. I don't know if they feel they have fully fixed things or not though. For example, stations are now meant to allocate only a proportion of a storage type (e.g. container) to each part of the chain.

Have you by any chance restarted playing an old save. Perhaps the currant status could be the result of a problem that started under old versions of Rebirth. If that is the case, buying and selling a few ships could fix the issue.

If it is not an old save, or if the problem doesn't seem to fix when new ships are produced, it would be great if you could describe the issue and post a save game in the following beta testing forum:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewforum.php?f=141

GrafSchlaf
x4

Post by GrafSchlaf » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 12:27

The game has been started with 3.53. I think I expressed it wrong. I meant the problem that a production cycle halts the production if the storage capacity of its product is reached.
Like the Hayabusas in stock halted the production of the small SY because the storage was full, instead of skipping the Hayabusa batch and proceeding with the next ship which still has free storage of its allocated storage partition.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 12:42

Ah, I see - thanks for the clarification!

If it has wares for making the other ships it sounds like a definiate bug that Devs might be able to work on with a save game.

It occurs to me that a Hyabusa doesn't need many resources (the least of any ware compared to other DV ships). Is there any chance that the S/M shipyard was unable to produce a different batch of ships because they needed more of a ware than was available? Perhaps that could stall production at only Hyabusas.

Either way, it still seems odd that a batch size would be so large that it canot complete until 5 need selling! :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 15:52

GrafSchlaf wrote:The game has been started with 3.53. I think I expressed it wrong. I meant the problem that a production cycle halts the production if the storage capacity of its product is reached.
Like the Hayabusas in stock halted the production of the small SY because the storage was full, instead of skipping the Hayabusa batch and proceeding with the next ship which still has free storage of its allocated storage partition.

I don't know that this makes sense because it is not how small shipyards work. The small shipyards constantly move ships out of its cargo. It only leaves a few in storage for the player. The DV shipyard is slower than the other shipyards but it will still move out small ships at a decent rate so those hayabusa ships should be coming out and it should go to the next cycle without a problem. If you are in zone, it moves even slower so leave the zone/sector

GrafSchlaf
x4

Post by GrafSchlaf » Fri, 31. Jul 15, 00:29

Currenty the second lane of the small shipyard in DeVries is stuck again at Drostans while I am in Albion.
I'll deactivate all mods and check this out over the weekend.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 07:04

NO

Glaring Truth will be mine without a doubt in free mode. Even if i have to protect every trader with an Arawn.
Both Albion and Omicron will buy from me eventualy.
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 10:43

That is unlikely because Devs have said they do not want mass galaxy-trading. There are approximate 8-10 galaxy trader NPCs playing the whole map so they will probably only come to DV occasionally. Albion and OL won't directly trade with DV stations.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 10. Sep 15, 18:19

Seams like these changes would be pretty welcome.

I hope them being part of the next greater patch.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 11. Sep 15, 00:16

I wish they expand that sector too.... But with little imagination and mods you can make that sector pretty fun ;) I just finished my self sufficient empire again (i think it is sixth time ). But this time im using..

1) Player Shipyard mod - You can build your own ships and sell them for profit (good way for sink and making money). Also DV CV can build Albion stations ;)

2) Galaxy trader mod - You can tell your station to send ships to sell/buy trough gate to other systems....

3) Player Free Fuel Cell- I use this one because managers are too stupid when it comes fuel efficiency. It sends ships 4 jumps away to buy 100 E-Cells.

4) Bridge mod - Just for show and taxi for NPC'S

It works pretty good and im supply whole uneverse with what they need without manually trading everything; )
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”