General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 08:46

Nice one, Waddy :)
Getsune wrote:If you have the Teladi Outpost DLC and can't seem to find the Rare missions, search through the stations in Fatal Path -> Sanctuary and/or Sea-green Oasis. They are smaller than other stations and less complex, which means that the missions are a bit easier to find. Got my rare shield & weapon there last night. :)
This tip worked great for me, thanks! Found 3 pretty easily 8)

hartza76
x4

Post by hartza76 » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 18:54

Hi
About the rare engine parts. Asseblet one engine few saves ago. Just delivered it to random rare engine parts mission.---> i could have got 30m credits or upgrade ship--> i took upgrade ship and i got noting..?
I have Both expnasion etc.
If a girl seems as shy as a mouse, you still have to look out for the tiger within her.

hartza76
x4

Post by hartza76 » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 19:01

hartza76 wrote:Hi
About the rare engine parts. Asseblet one engine few saves ago. Just delivered it to random rare engine parts mission.---> i could have got 30m credits or upgrade ship--> i took upgrade ship and i got noting..?
I have Both expnasion etc.
Humm to aswer my own question.. offcourse now i can buy the mk5 ....
If a girl seems as shy as a mouse, you still have to look out for the tiger within her.

Getsune
x4

Post by Getsune » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 19:01

hartza76 wrote:i took upgrade ship and i got noting..?
Once you choose the upgrade, the conversation will end and you get a guidance mission that'll lead you to another dock on the same station. There you'll be directed towards a mechanic that sells you the engine/shield/weapon for free.

hartza76
x4

Post by hartza76 » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 19:05

Getsune wrote:
Once you choose the upgrade, the conversation will end and you get a guidance mission that'll lead you to another dock on the same station. There you'll be directed towards a mechanic that sells you the engine/shield/weapon for free.
Yeah the quidance appeared bit late i was allready .. f.. i collected those items past 2 years :)

hartza76
x4

Post by hartza76 » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 19:13

hartza76 wrote:
Getsune wrote:
Yeah the quidance appeared bit late i was allready .. f.. i collected those items past 2 years :)
I have now the mk5 engine but it wont update the screen display about. It on closer look on Skunks system i have the engine and i feel the differce. Anybody else had that one?

EuRoKa
x4

Post by EuRoKa » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 13:39

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Nice one, Waddy :)
Getsune wrote:If you have the Teladi Outpost DLC and can't seem to find the Rare missions, search through the stations in Fatal Path -> Sanctuary and/or Sea-green Oasis. They are smaller than other stations and less complex, which means that the missions are a bit easier to find. Got my rare shield & weapon there last night. :)
This tip worked great for me, thanks! Found 3 pretty easily 8)
Thanks, that worked for me, too!
Last edited by EuRoKa on Wed, 9. Mar 16, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
XR Station Match Finder 1.1 <-- check ideal station combinations (for best use of mass-traffic)/production/resources + ware finder.

EuRoKa
x4

Post by EuRoKa » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 13:42

Here is how you can easily find specific rare items (rare engine and SETA):

1. Lock for a "Valuable items going spare"-like mission and save (1).
2. Accept the mission and save again (2).
3. Open your save (2) and ctrl+f for "hidden_common_lockbox". Look for wares listed right below:

Code: Select all

<drop allowed="0" ref="hidden_common_lockbox_al"/>
<wares>
<ware ware="inv_rareenginecomponents_9" amount="2"/>
<ware ware="inv_rarejumpdrivecomponents" amount="5"/>
<ware ware="inv_rareenginecomponents_5"/>
<ware ware="inv_rareterranhightechgoods" amount="9"/>
</wares>
4. Look on Roguey's page under inventory for your desired ware_id to identify a specific item.
5. Load save (1) and head for another mission if your desired item didn't spawn.
XR Station Match Finder 1.1 <-- check ideal station combinations (for best use of mass-traffic)/production/resources + ware finder.

J. Spartan

Post by J. Spartan » Wed, 30. Mar 16, 23:25

Um, are the relic lockboxes still in the same place in 4.0? I just went back to Last Stand to check, but haven't seen the lockbox within the asteroid... what gives? I'm 100% sure I haven't picked it up yet.
"Give a man a bullet, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun, and he'll be giving away the bullets."

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 30. Mar 16, 23:42

J. Spartan wrote:Um, are the relic lockboxes still in the same place in 4.0? I just went back to Last Stand to check, but haven't seen the lockbox within the asteroid... what gives? I'm 100% sure I haven't picked it up yet.
I had a similar concern but I found them all in the end in 4.0. In my case, I had forgotten which locations I had collected some parts from.

To help with that, you can find tables at the bottom of the wiki guide to craftables that say the name of the items alongside the general location of their lockbox.
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... +equipment

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 00:23

In some cases the LRS ping return can be blocked by objects between your location & LoS to <desired scan location>

Move around a bit & try LRS again

I've not found any unique lockbox location changes in v4, but like Sparky I've occasionally misremembered the locations (or forgot to pick them up) :)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

waddymc
xr

Post by waddymc » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 01:12

J. Spartan wrote:Um, are the relic lockboxes still in the same place in 4.0? I just went back to Last Stand to check, but haven't seen the lockbox within the asteroid... what gives? I'm 100% sure I haven't picked it up yet.
Can confirm they are in same places in 4.0 I did my collection run for my video just after 4.0 was released.

J. Spartan

Post by J. Spartan » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 08:29

Thanks guys, that's what I feared... I guess that lockbox is lost to me now. During the plot mission when you first enter Last Stand, a certain number of Xenon Ks shot up the station pretty badly. Maybe they destroyed the container too :(
Well, on to the other collection then.
"Give a man a bullet, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun, and he'll be giving away the bullets."

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 08:37

J. Spartan wrote:Thanks guys, that's what I feared... I guess that lockbox is lost to me now. During the plot mission when you first enter Last Stand, a certain number of Xenon Ks shot up the station pretty badly. Maybe they destroyed the container too :(
Well, on to the other collection then.
I've found that lockbox really hard to find and they (unlike their contents) are though to be indestructible. If that's accurate, it must still still be there to find even if empty.
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Fri, 1. Apr 16, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

Quawis
x4

Post by Quawis » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 11:33

Can confirm the fact, that crafting lockboxes are indestructible. I was straight up shooting them and hull % was always 100.

As for "crafting" lockboxes - there is a box with 8 pcs of Jumpdrive Coolant for Xperimental mission in Sputnik Planum (Cold Star, Ode Monumenti) in one of the ruptured tubes of the aqueduct, with ice nearby. Be aware, that LRS doesn't show it. You have to find it oldschool way.

Oh, and, apparently, very expensive mystery box missions (we are talking 20+ million) can spawn lockboxes with Jumpdrive components (rare). In may case (20 mil mission) I got 3 + bunch of rare engine parts. Read a report of 8 dropping from 30+ million box.

J. Spartan

Post by J. Spartan » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 18:15

Yeah I know the boxes themselves are indestructable, but I think NPCs can shoot the locks too. Not sure if the ware containers themselves are indestructable, though.
What I thought happened was: K shoots Core Dig with HIVI turret --> splash damage opens the locks --> next shot destroys container. But maybe it is not possible...

Quawis
x4

Post by Quawis » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 20:09

Just tested this claim by shooting lockbox at Lonely Giant with variety of missiles on new game start. Yes, indeed, it is possible for splash damage to destroy the locks and subsequent hit will destroy the ware. While it was not that challenging to blow up the locks by parking a few meters away from lockbox, I still imagine it is extremely low chance of this happening in real situation.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 20:40

J. Spartan wrote:Yeah I know the boxes themselves are indestructable
I mentioned indestructability in relation to you not being able to find it. Until you find one with the locks blown off, I think there's a chance it is still there to be found.

(Unless the game removes them over time after locks are opened?)

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 00:14

Quawis wrote:Yes, indeed, it is possible for splash damage to destroy the locks and subsequent hit will destroy the ware. [...] I still imagine it is extremely low chance of this happening in real situation.
Considering the amount of fire going on in certain Xenon sectors in Maelstrom, this event is not as uncommon as it may seem :(

As was mentioned on the Wiki (but now seems to have disappeared :( ) the ware containers (once the lockbox is open) are still vulnerable to fire. The recent lock damage adjustment makes things easier for general lockboxes but is irrelevant in this case :(

There was a DEV thread linked from the old Wiki article, possibly by CBJ, that explained what was going on but I can't search for it atm..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

raim792
x3

Post by raim792 » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 12:08

Hello,
I can not find a mechanic for my artifacts that are complete?

Artifacts can only be executed by, certain mechanics? Not every mechanic?

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”