Major Release Announcement - 2.50, 3.0 and new DLC!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 12:55

nemesis1982 wrote:You've created the expectation of a date with "What's in 2.50 and when can I get it?" and after didn't fill that expectation. It would've been better to not create the expectation in the first place now it just creates disappointment.
Yes, sorry about that. We had hoped to be able to announce that 2.50 was ready right now, but there were one or two problems revealed in the final stages of testing that we decided we needed to fix before release. The problems have now been resolved, so unless something else comes up we should be looking at releasing 2.50 early next week.

Not mentioning 2.50 in the announcement wasn't really an option as people might have got the impression that there was some change of plan and that we were putting off the release of the features and fixes in 2.50 until later, which isn't the case. :)

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 12:58

That picture is from inside the ring structure that you can see in the first and third screenshot in Steam. It must be a massive station.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 13:09

Very nice.

Congrats team DEV.

:roll:
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Cabrelbeuk
x4

X Rebirth 3.0 The Teladi Outpost annonced

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 13:50

... And free for owner of Rebirth if you pre-order it before the first November... So all on Steam guys !

Thanks Ego, even if i think that all owner should get this DLC for free anyway, that's still nice from you :D .

http://www.egosoft.com/community/news_fr.php
AMD R7 2700X 3.7GHz - GTX 1070 Ti 8Go Asus cerberus - 16Go RAM 3200MHz - Asus Prime X470-Pro - LG 32" 4K 60Hz - SSD Samsung Evo850 512 GB - HDD Toshiba 2 To 7200 Tr/min - Onkyo HTS-7800 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

milytar
x4

Post by milytar » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 14:15

nice to hear about dlc and seems that mr.Alexander Preuss ringstation "comes live"!!!I love it
And one day ... one day i will be there ...
And if not... then i will be here ...

Me

JimmiG
x3

Post by JimmiG » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 17:21

Thanks for the heads-up, added my free DLC.

Also looking forward to version 0.3 of X Rebirth and the promised gameplay improvements.

Wana
x3ap

Post by Wana » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 17:54

[OffTopic] No, I won't be happy unless Bernd himself say a word about this, no offense CBJ, you come just after. [/OffTopic]

For fast-readers, just know you will have 3.0 features anyway with any new copy of X:R, without DLC.

Giving this free DLC for any purchase of X rebirth until its release date would be more appropriate than clicking a pre-order button until 11/01/14. People will get more angry than ever when they'll return on X:R 3.0 advertised steam page to see you have a paying DLC for a game they never played since X:R 1.12.

I don't check updates on my uninstalled steam games. i just wait for new features once a year or more.
You will sell DLC to everyone IF the playerbase are happy. which is obviously not the case today.

I love X:R even if it needs many improvements, like an UFO-like feature.
but, hey... who am i ? if it works well, then...

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 19:30

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Okay, now this is interesting:

http://i.imgur.com/STyNRpK.jpg

When I saw this image for the first time, I tought that this "atrium" or "garden" or whatever it is, is closed behind a window.

BUT watching the picture again, I notice that there's Skunk in the middle of the picture! So you indeed can fly very close to the gardens.
Also, there is a city and some infrastructure in distance.

This pic was taken from the external view, that's a sure thing now.
However, HUD and icons are hidden in external view.
And there's something what looks like docking plattform for Skunk in that city.
Unfortunately, as the HUD is hidden, even if it really was a docking plattform for Skunk, there's no docking icon :( So I can just guess.
But it really would be exciting to dock at that landing plattform, and walk around the city, or at least a part of it. The view must be marvellous.
Aye, would be nice to walk around inside that ring, but it seems unlikely. Would probably be troublesome to make such a huge 'room' to walk around in, not to mention making the gravity non-linear. I think you're probably right about the docking port - it's sticking out a fair bit with a familiar-looking circle in the middle. Looks about right for a Skunk docking port.

The interesting thing to me is the difference in art style - looks like between the Terran War and now the Teladi have really pulled themselves together as far as aesthetics go. I have to admit, I'll probably miss the industrial mishmash look.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 19:37

Yes, I liked teladi most.
Terrans were my favorite race because of their character (agressive and bad@ss), but teladi race had my respect, because every teladi felt unique to me.
Some of them were agressive, some of them begged for mercy. Some of them were pirates.
And Teladi Phoenix from X3 just looked marvellous. And Condor from X2. And also the fact that they supported piracy to certain degree, and their space was a giant cluser where nothing is safe and you can be ambushed at any time.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 20:24

YorrickVander wrote: @Linolafett - Fluffy cockpit dice to go with those teladi? That ring station looks great, giving Fronter Developments a run for their money in the shiny steaks huh?
Fluffy dice not confirmed, sorry. How about some pancaces?

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 20:56

rboerdijk wrote:@ karlwatson : Timon will most likely keep working on the multiplatform support - there is still much to be done, but he's making good progress. There is less "pink" stuff on the screen every day ( pink and neon-green are typical programmer colours for testing things ).

Health-wise: We knocked on the broomcloset-door today and there was still some muffled sound - so everything is ok with him.
Indeed.

I've been testing 2.50 betas and RC and it is clear the game is now more or less like most would have wanted it to be on release, and more like previous x games in terms of "growing", now we can earn a little money to buy small trading ships and bit by bit start creating our empires, with the factory building issues fixed (hopefully) I bet you guys will have from now on more room for adding interesting content and exploit exploration.

Interaction with pirates and smugglers (sounds amazing!!)

And yes, considering we are in september, having the dlc free to claim for owners of Rebirth until november is another good move to compensate for the rocky start.

As we expected, Egosoft does not dissapoint!. Keep up the great work!

EuRoKa
x4

Post by EuRoKa » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 21:54

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Okay, now this is interesting:

http://i.imgur.com/STyNRpK.jpg

But it really would be exciting to dock at that landing plattform, and walk around the city, or at least a part of it. The view must be marvellous.
It looks great indeed but still needs some improvements to achieve the looks of the station from Elysium.

The station design is however typical Teladi and has certainly come a long way since its first appearance here.
XR Station Match Finder 1.1 <-- check ideal station combinations (for best use of mass-traffic)/production/resources + ware finder.

sailbot
x3tc

Post by sailbot » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 22:18

free Update is the right way...
DLC is the wrong turn :!:
after the free DLC... come more DLC´s, but not free :?:

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 22:24

Really looking forward to a trailer ...give the Elite D fans something to drool over.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 23:08

birdtable wrote:Really looking forward to a trailer ...give the Elite D fans something to drool over.
We already have ability to build stations, own freighters and fleets, and use them to make profit and produce wares. That's why I don't really bother with Elite - you can't do anything besides shooting and trucking :)

kutchulu
x4

Post by kutchulu » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 23:08

EuRoKa wrote: It looks great indeed but still needs some improvements to achieve the looks of the station from Elysium.
Then your next rig has to look like THIS. ;)
Meine Erziehung mag nicht vollständig sein, dennoch betrachte ich sie als abgeschlossen. / My education may not be exhaustively, but I consider it as being completed.

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Sun, 28. Sep 14, 00:36

More probably, for running with that kind of detail that rig has to look like the Elysium mainframe from the movie itself :D

Don't need to bring similarities with stations from Elysium, ED (mostly) and such...annular habitats are a concept 40 years old at least, the best adaptation in a game for me up to now is the Citadel ring section from Mass Effect...anyway, as already pointed, the Teladi have been using the very same kind of station (albeit with a couple polygons and shaders less :roll: ) for at least 15 years by now :)

Ravenhurst

Post by Ravenhurst » Sun, 28. Sep 14, 00:41

HOLY COW!

This is amazing, thanks guys, SUPER EXCITED!

BlueSabor
x4

Post by BlueSabor » Sun, 28. Sep 14, 04:18

Thank you :thumb_up:

X Rebirth: The Teladi Outpost: "In Library" :D
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4)
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
Corsair H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB 3600MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4
LG TV OLED55C141B (3840x2160@120Hz)
Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1TB

N3KIO

Post by N3KIO » Sun, 28. Sep 14, 04:35

This is great news,
but on back of my mind there is this voice,
can they really fix the game?...,
last time I played it..
it was a {removed - do NOT try to evade the word filter - CBJ}

But I do have to hand this to them, there art department is really good at what they do, some of the artwork put into this game, just looks really amazing, one of the most visually stunning space game I seen.
sig...

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”