There is NO reinforced metal plating.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dodgey
x4

Post by Dodgey » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 21:22

Thanks - I'll look out for them

Still finding plenty of hull-tech freighters but always no metal. Just Podklets, and plasma flow regs.

Been at thsi for 2 days now (well, two whole evenings). The fun is almost diminished, that and being constantly ******* pestered by PMC and then chastised for unprovoked attacks. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

btw - LI dont' sell them in Straining C, they buy them

Vampirspiegelei

Post by Vampirspiegelei » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 14:25

Yes I have heard about the Tip that Arms Tech Fabs sell Reinforced Metal Plating because the ingame encyclopedia says so.
Yet I do wonder why a station would buy AND sell the same merchandise at the same time.
I just think that this is a mistake in the Encyclopedia.
The only statins I've seen selling Reinforced Metal Plates are Construction Shops.
Both existing ones are in PMC control.
And yes almost no Hull-Tech Freighters carry Reinforced Metal Plates. I got lucky yesterday and found one that had 824! Still missing 336 though... and that is only for stage one.

Had the idea of building a SCODA and just build my own Construction Shop... unfortunately the Shipyard in DeVries is also out of Metal Plates.
Well that little captured stockpile will hopefully be enough to build a Construction Vessel... and I really do hope NPCs will be trading with it if it's in Albion!

... if not XML:Rebirth it is...

LastChime

Post by LastChime » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 14:31

Albion runs out of stock eventually, there are no universal traders, and hence no source of narcotics.....even in free play after the first 24 hours you pretty much have to juice up the construction shop yourself.

Dodgey
x4

Post by Dodgey » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 14:39

I've had enough. Three days now. That's not fun.

Time to cheat and change to friendly with PMC. It would not be so bad inspecting every fab to see where the plating is/needed, but you constantly get attacked by the PMC which makes me want to throw my PC out the window!

This is bloody ridiculous. I hate cheating but 3 days of just bloody flying about inspecting ships. No thanks.

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 14:55

Yes not only the way the things works give very long time lost on running to find theses metals, but then if the economy is just broken and you discover you have 0 metal in all the ships ...

will have to wait a full traders fix, then an economy fix in order to have a small chance to get theses stuffs ... i wonder how people finish the plot without cheating, as theses metals are needed for the URV and ships
New Config : Intel 8400 & 4Ghz , 4GB DRR2 on Asus P5Q Pro, ATI 4850 and Win XP 32 bits SP3.

Old config AMD 64 3400 1Mo, MSI k8n neo plat, 7800 GS+ Bliss, 2 GB RAM 3200

LastChime

Post by LastChime » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 14:57

You have to pull them early, like in the first 8-10 hours, you only need what a thousand or so though....idk haven't revisited the plot all my experience comes from free play

Dodgey
x4

Post by Dodgey » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 16:08

Come on Egosoft! At least make a bl00dy announcement that you cannot continue the mission at present if you don't secure reinforced metal plating soon enough. It's letting people like me ruin my save games by going too far into the game.

I've cheated my rep with PMC to friendly and of their two construction shops, one of them had 879 for sale. The other, none. I've flown all over the place. I can't find any more. So now not only do I have to hack my rep, I need to hack the quantity too.

I'm getting more pissed off each time I find another problem.

LastChime

Post by LastChime » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 16:16

Dodgey wrote:Come on Egosoft! At least make a bl00dy announcement that you cannot continue the mission at present if you don't secure reinforced metal plating soon enough. It's letting people like me ruin my save games by going too far into the game.

I've cheated my rep with PMC to friendly and of their two construction shops, one of them had 879 for sale. The other, none. I've flown all over the place. I can't find any more. So now not only do I have to hack my rep, I need to hack the quantity too.

I'm getting more pissed off each time I find another problem.
You don't have to hack the wares part at least, if you supply the factory with the required inputs, it will produce the plates. Unsure if a legitimate workaround to PMC rep is plausable.....well it is it'd just take a month or 2 (neighboorhood watches and finding the criminal mass traffic come to mind but lol)

Dodgey
x4

Post by Dodgey » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 17:12

How do I supply an enemy with the required wares? I thought only PMC stations make the metal?

Also, how do I tell what a factory needs. I fly to all the "i"'s and then look at the station details but it leaves me none the wiser.

Example - I'm looking at BTO ship line 1 as one of my frighters is in for repair, and now has been for days, so I assume it has a shortage of something. I've inslected it but all I see is lots of lines of "Targon Tracer 100%", "Armoury Link 0%", "struct_econ_prod_shipxl_macro 70%" etc etc etc

It just makes no sense

LastChime

Post by LastChime » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 17:24

Dodgey wrote:How do I supply an enemy with the required wares? I thought only PMC stations make the metal?

Also, how do I tell what a factory needs. I fly to all the "i"'s and then look at the station details but it leaves me none the wiser
Well you have to make them friendly first.....not sure how locked out of the standard methods you are in campaign, freeplayer personally, but;

The way I mend fences is with neighboorhoud watch (someone like AE/WF should offer something in Lookout Alpha) and vaporising enemies near plutarch stations. Or scanning the mass traffic (this gets interesting when things are really hostile, for the -26 or so no name faction (criminals) and vaporising them for the station)...like I say to get up from -20 or greater rep may take weeks of scavenging for opportunities to be just right (not sure when they stop the Kill on Sight order, but I think it's around -15, and then things get marginally easier) .

As for deciphering what the station needs it's a little bit of fill in the blanks, you're looking for outrages buy offers (i.e. 193097 energy sells (+19%), or 124073 Food Rations (+16%) ) and filling those usualy gets them rolling.

With reinforced metal in specific it's usually some combination of food, energy cells, narcotics, nvidium cubes, and refined metals that brings it to a halt....

So you try to find those resources, in turn you step down the chain one, are there no refined metals available? The Metalworks yards are likely out of something, that requires ore, energy, food.

And you keep following through it like that until you get something turning, you'll likely need multiple freighters and a decent amount of patience to get the gears spinning again.

OrionSnake
x4

Post by OrionSnake » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 18:38

From what I can tell, I don't believe you can trade with PMC at -15 rep...I am trying to build up rep with PMC without editing save game. It seems to take longer and longer as you move toward higher number (someone can confirm this).

Dodgey
x4

Post by Dodgey » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 18:59

I just hacked myself to friendly. I'll undo it after.

I'm not spending a week looking for non existent wares whilst being pestered by the PMC and my resultant "unprovoked attacks". That's not fun. and I never cheat, normally.

OrionSnake
x4

Post by OrionSnake » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 03:16

Someone might want to test this...

Game Start: Campaign

Save game version (from xml):
game version="118"
build="179243M"
time="159237.825"
original="112"

I am currently running "public_beta - 1.18 (released)" version of the game. My PMC rep was originally at -21 and worked my way up to -18. The icons of PMC stations are still red to me and I cannot dock at their stations.

I decided to try something tonight by assigning my Rahanas to my group and guess what....I was able to purchase Reinforced Metal Plating from Forge-Welded Mail in Ascendancy!! :o

Did anyone experience this?

LastChime

Post by LastChime » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 14:46

Is that a PMC construction shop, or is it owned by another faction like LI?

OrionSnake
x4

Post by OrionSnake » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 15:10

LastChime wrote:Is that a PMC construction shop, or is it owned by another faction like LI?
PMC Construction Shop 1 in Forge-Welded Mail. In my game, LI only buy reinforced metal plating, i haven't find one that sells it.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 18:26

In my game, I capped an LI Hull-Tech ship and a PMC Hull-Tech ship both in Distress Reek. I am still some 290 Reinf Hull Metal short but that's how I can get mine. Repairing LI rep is easy, just take 2 missions from them to fix it back. Just don't let it slip down further after the capture. Game is vanilla started afresh from v1.18

Dodgey
x4

Post by Dodgey » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 18:50

Yeah - starting afresh seems to help, but there is no way I'm doing that so I'll wait for a patch to fix things, and cheat the plating until then.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 03:11

so what is the latest on this?

is it edit the save file or capture the freighter ?

LastChime

Post by LastChime » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 03:44

Orion1632 wrote:so what is the latest on this?

is it edit the save file or capture the freighter ?
It's really a question of the time you're willing to invest in playing the game with it's current quirks.

Lots of time?

-Beg/borrow/steal to get plutarch rep back to the point where you can at least trade with them

-Get at least a Bulk Freighter (preferably an outright miner), Energy Freighter and Container Freighter

-Keep the Metalworks yards turning to make enough refined metal

-Take refined metal to construction shops to make reinforced plating

Medium time and albion economy not stalled?

-Jack hull-tech freighters

Little time/patience

-Edit XML saves

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 03:52

after a bit of looking at Roguey's

Factories for Reinforced metal plating:

Arms Tech Fab (Straining Coppice and Watergate)
Construction Shop (Frozen Circuit and Forge Welded Mail)
Hardware supplier (no where to be found darn it)
Mil Hi-Tech dept (Omicron Lyrae, also useless until you get there)
URV Integration (also Omicron Lyrae)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”