unofficial changelog

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

randomuser
x4

Post by randomuser » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 11:13

malfunctioning eddie wrote:Thanks for doing egosofts job!
well thats the spirit

anyone who did not expect a bugfest on release never played any of the previous games, and to be honest i understand why that is the case.

its expensive to hire testers so they are just using devnet fr that so they save alot of money that can go into features.
fixing bugs after release with 1000s of testers if far cheaper that hiring someone to do it who wont even find all of them

given that they fixed all the bugs i encountered in a day3 patch i m confident that this game will get into a good state pretty soon

Brachra
x4

Post by Brachra » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 11:15

Dont quite get what this is?

is it an egosoft employee giving us Unofficial Planned updates or something? im lost...
Amd Phenom II X4 965 Black edition OC@ 4.0Ghz
GeForce 760GTX 2Gb Oc
8GB RAM
500GB HD

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 11:44

The Egosoft logo under a forum name means that person works for Egosoft. A moderator tag just means someone who helps maintain order in the forums, usually volunteering their time.

In this case, we are given a rare glimpse into the very -very- busy workload of a developer right up until release. Daily builds are a sign of a hard working development team that are -trying- to deliver their very best. Very few game companies are willing to do this, then again, Egosoft is not like most game companies.

pirke123
x4

Post by pirke123 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 12:35

He lives in Wurselen, close to HQ :)

Keep up the good work! Don't feel too bad about all the negativity, it will pass over. As another software designer I feel bad for you for dealing with consumers instead of businesses with big service departments :D

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 12:56

You made a mistake, it should say "Beta" in front of 1.11 instead of just "Version" ;)

It's a massive shame this was pushed out the door early, and clearly without anywhere near enough QA done on it (and I guess zero regression on the release version either).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how this game will turn out in a few months' time but sadly I can see the damage has already been done. I feel a bit gutted for Egosoft, because they deserve better than a ton of flaming on their forum and bad reviews coming out all over the place.

But on a positive note, much love to you all for bringing us this fantastic series. I'm sure you will give it all the attention it needs :)

BlackDahliaMDR
x4

Post by BlackDahliaMDR » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 13:23

I can honestly say that for the £40 I paid for the game I am more than satisfied with what I have received so far.

The universe is amazing, the ships and stations are detailed beyond belief and the combat is the best that I've played in a space sim. (Yes, I have played Elite, Freelancer etc...)

The reason that I am not bitter like most is because I (like some others) can see the bigger picture. The problems will be fixed and the potential mods that we can expect will take Rebirth to the next level.

The downside to people giving terrible reviews is that potential players (old and new alike) will read them and instantly write Rebirth off as a failed attempt.

I think we all new that release was gonna be a bit grim, but I have every faith that once everything is sorted people will have faith restored and those that have asked for refunds will be delving into their wallets yet again.

BDM

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 15:02

BlackDahliaMDR wrote:I can honestly say that for the £40 I paid for the game I am more than satisfied with what I have received so far.

The universe is amazing, the ships and stations are detailed beyond belief and the combat is the best that I've played in a space sim. (Yes, I have played Elite, Freelancer etc...)

The reason that I am not bitter like most is because I (like some others) can see the bigger picture. The problems will be fixed and the potential mods that we can expect will take Rebirth to the next level.

The downside to people giving terrible reviews is that potential players (old and new alike) will read them and instantly write Rebirth off as a failed attempt.

I think we all new that release was gonna be a bit grim, but I have every faith that once everything is sorted people will have faith restored and those that have asked for refunds will be delving into their wallets yet again.

BDM
I agree. I think a lot of people read bad reviews then plays 5 minutes then write their bad review. The game has some problems, many mybe, but it is a solid upgrade, a different game frm the X1,2,3 serie and for many thing it is much deeper and realistic, I'm loving it and see further developments very easy. Had they done another Xn I for sure would have gone away from the serie. I had to eliminate the local highways and after that it shines as space experience. So please keep us informed, UI and maps are vital to the good gamplay!

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 15:36

Alewx wrote:OMG,
what you show there in this inofficial patchlog is just the more shame to Egosoft, implementing new features 2 days in front of a release.
This reminds me of the kind of bitch that slaps you for bringing roses, insinuiating that you just brought her them because you cheated on her instead of just wanting to be nice.

Guess it's right the same here: Some people complain about not getting information. While others complain for getting them, being incapable of appreciating anything. It's not like this kind of information was a right to get, but it was given to show their good will.

Way to go, but please, if you wish to be unhappy no matter the circumstances crawl back into your hole and be unhappy there and not here in this forum.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 16:35

It would be nice to get a key to target nearest enemy! :)

--

off-topic
I see you guys are upgrading debian to upgrade webserver?

I suggest you move to a self-compiled apache 2.4.6 with php-fpm for speed. Using Apache 2.2 with prefork as you probably are using now is not good for performance and you can see that by the outages we've been having recently.

lordpazuzu
x4

Post by lordpazuzu » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 19:14

Keep up the good work!!!
And thank you very much for this Amazing Game, I'm having a lot of fun with this beautifull and huge universe.

Thank you!!!

RWolf
x3tc

Post by RWolf » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 19:31

The answer is simple:

This is what we have now in the real world:
[ external image ]
(above is transparent LCD, mainly marketed towards advertising at the moment. Its in front of a box with physical objects on the inside. HUD elements are part of the glass itself)

I would imagine that in the X universe, with all those holograms they have everywhere that the same kind of tech could be used....so why not in conjunction with the actual "windshield" of the ship? Doing so could make the HUD universal for any future ships the player may be able to use as well...and it can easily be tied to software the player purchase (HUD Software) which would run via the windshield display.

It would be nice to interact with the ship without having it stop as well, thus allowing two actions to be done at the same time.

Also can be used to explain why you might see the tracking of enemies and allies on the screen as well as their info.

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 21:19

RWolf wrote:It would be nice to interact with the ship without having it stop as well, thus allowing two actions to be done at the same time.
One would think that this is what a co-pilot is for, taking over while you are busy, being able to travel and defend as needed. This should be corrected for when you are handling drones as well, so your ship won't be a silly practice target.

At least since the co-pilot was advertised to be oh-so-great, one would expect this rightfully.

Nibel

Post by Nibel » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 21:25

eldyranx3 wrote:The Egosoft logo under a forum name means that person works for Egosoft.
nope. it's forum administrator icon. doesn't matter for who he will be working if working at all.

Luke1410
x3tc

Post by Luke1410 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 22:37

Hm.. thanks for this, but I have to wonder why this only covers changed up to the release, while on Steam there's already descriptions of two further patches which's content isn't listed in your list at all ?
You know. Sometimes people only have limited amount of time available. Unfortunately I'm not an exception here... Besides doing my actual work which pays for my living there are also things like real-life involved which also want to have a part of me. :)

So just give it a few days to catch up with all the changes. I expect that especially during the upcoming days Egosoft will push out new patches faster than I'm timewise able to cope with. ;)

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 00:08

Luke, why has the Egosoft banner disappeared from underneath your username?

Luke1410
x3tc

Post by Luke1410 » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 00:15

Hornet108 wrote:Luke, why has the Egosoft banner disappeared from underneath your username?
Because I kindly asked for that. A few years ago while starting working for Egosoft as an intern, my account was set to the Egosoft employee account. I didn't realize it still was like this, until someone in this forum pointed that out. Hence I asked to have that changed.

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:09

So...

You're not an egosoft employee?

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:18

How on earth did you get access to the beta change log, please don't tell me this game was closed beta tested by members of the X-community and no-one noticed that the game was rubbish while testing it :roll:
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

Nibel

Post by Nibel » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:20

Hornet108 wrote:So...

You're not an egosoft employee?
you really need C.O. to tell you ?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 18:38

Desticking this now, as it's not official anyway & was only temporary to begin with. :)
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”