Stuck on starter mission - Selling energy cells

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wolfman
x3tc

Post by Wolfman » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 02:46

Trade wont complete because of the HOA Science trader docked at the mine. I gave it a few hours to move and it didn't. Played again and hit the same problem. Playing 1.17, how do I get rid of that trader?
:?
Life is X and X is Life

xHattix

Post by xHattix » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 03:02

Shot it down, edit savegame, wait until bug fixed and maybe need to restart...

Vivisectus

Post by Vivisectus » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 14:50

When I try to sell the e-cells, my view switchs to the side, but to trade console comes up and I cannot sell anything

So far this has been a frustratingly buggy experience
Astroid the foine loine between a poirate and a farrrmer

Elder James
x4

Post by Elder James » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 16:19

Wolfman wrote:Trade wont complete because of the HOA Science trader docked at the mine. I gave it a few hours to move and it didn't. Played again and hit the same problem. Playing 1.17, how do I get rid of that trader?
:?
After having gone through this thread and tried several of the possible fixes, I believe this is the problem I am having. It seems that if another ship is docked at the Lonely Giant, or any other point on a station you access to buy or sell, your squaded trade ship will simply sit there and wait. Unfortunately the HOA Science ship does not move at all. I left my game running for four hours while I got on with the rest of my day and can confirm that the HOA Science ship did not move in that time.

EDIT:

After a little more digging and ship scanning it turns out that the HOA Science ship is apparently stuck in a trade order with the Lonely Giant. It has no wares to trade with the Lonely Giant however and is thus broken and unable to move on. This is effectively causing a blockade preventing my own Rahanas from docking and completing its trade order, thus stalling the entire plot. Other posts have suggested removing your Rahanas from your squad and traveling to a distant location. This has not worked for me and after spending two hours elsewhere decided to return to find the HOA Science ship still docked and attempting to complete its orders.
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." ~ Colonel Saul Tigh

Vivisectus

Post by Vivisectus » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 18:47

in a nutshell: they did not finish the game and sold it anyway. *sigh*

Come on Egosoft. I think we deserve better than this, and so do you. You guys cn make great games. This is a disgrace.
Astroid the foine loine between a poirate and a farrrmer

innerorbit

Post by innerorbit » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 19:37

Same prob, science ship will not move..also i think there is an invisible hacker drone following me around causing bugs and glitches :D

CptJackSparrow

Fraud & Deception

Post by CptJackSparrow » Sun, 1. Dec 13, 23:07

I have exactly the same problem, ship cant dock because of the science ship bugged and will not move.

Disgrace egosoft! Obviously you were well aware of the game being broke and launched it regardless for xmas sales. In legal terms in the UK thats called "Fraud & Deception" and criminal action can follow.

Why dont you do the right thing and give everyone a refund before someone posts a petition online to hand to Interpol to prosecute you (you=Egosoft directors)

sms_747

Post by sms_747 » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 19:42

I was bumbling around the universe just doing combat missions for a while and trying to earn some money while they fixed the blocked trader issues. Unfortunately when I decided it was time to actually buy the 100 energy cells from AES complex, the entire system was jammed forever because there were three freighters trading (apparently) with the station, two AES ships that were collecting and one Beryl freighter that was selling. The two AES ships just sat there indefinitely and never undocked from the station, and nothing was actually happening. One said 140k / 140k wares and should thus have moved away and the other was stuck at 132,900 / 140k and never seemed to get full. I waited a very long time for something to happen.
I tried removing the Rahanas frrom the squad, I tried leaving the sector (obviously, since I was just going about my own business the whole time), I tried replacing the captain, removing and adding the order,. I tried hitching a ride on the ship to somewhere else and returning. In short I tried everything. All this became redundant when I realized that the freighters were never going to move, and to make matters worse, I can't just destroy the stupid AES ship to unblock the dock because then the station won't trade with me.
This from somebody on their fourth attempt to try the main mission. I was well into DeVries in 1.18 and decided to start again when I heard that the defence officers were working in 1.19 and decided that I needed a restart to make this so. Sadly this does not appear to be true either.

:evil: FIX IT! :evil:
'In space, the real enemy is space itself, and the fear it instils in your counterparts'
[ external image ]

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”