Egoboosting Egosoft

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Stickies and excitement...

Did NOT read them fully, not excited.
1%
Did read them, not excited.
18%
Did not read parts of them but excited anyways.
5%
ARE YOU KIDDING? BEST INFO AND NEWS EVER!
76%

Total votes: 131

strude
x4

Post by strude » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 15:33

Paranoid66 wrote:...I had hoped that Egosoft would have some say and control over such matters ...
Who says that they didn't have a say. There is some advantages to them as developers and maintainers of the game.
Tycow wrote:
Texhnolyzed wrote:Off-topic: It sure is amusing how this apparently turned into yet another debate about Steam...
Indeed. Hopefully anything Steam related will remain in the other thread. :)
Unlikely. Civ5 has been out for over a year and it still pops up in lots of threads in the 2K forum.

Once the general backlash has subsided, a whole bunch of post containing quotes from the Steam Subscriber Agreement will pop up, questioning the legality and morality of various clauses. Comparisons will be made to differentiate between the SSA and the games own EULA, and claims on which one trumps which. There will be some confusion as posters from different countries debate how the SSA and EULA can be interpreted differently in their country. It'll be called malware, spyware and crapware and comparisons made between buying the game, renting the game and subscribing to a game service. Some people will research case law and precedent legal cases, with quotes and rulings and final judgements.

And after all that, Steam will still be on the game.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Texhnolyzed
x3tc

Post by Texhnolyzed » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 18:05

Argh, I'm constantly checking this forum hopeing there's something new posted about it. I have the feeling that by now I'm a bit too excited for X: Rebirth.
strude wrote:
Paranoid66 wrote:...I had hoped that Egosoft would have some say and control over such matters ...
Who says that they didn't have a say. There is some advantages to them as developers and maintainers of the game.
Yep. It seems like a lot of people don't see the possibility that Egosoft might want Steamplay or Steamworks as well and not only Deep Silver.

(Darn... now I'm part of the problem as well. xD)
Last edited by Texhnolyzed on Tue, 11. Oct 11, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 18:35

amtie wrote: But I do care about having Steam.
Steam-only version would be a valid reason for me to save a couple of months of my life and skip Rebirth :) I can live with other things as well, but not this.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Thu, 13. Oct 11, 03:08

I'll be buying a boxed copy and I hope it comes with a cool poster I can hang on my wall and a well written manual. Even better would be a limited edition aluminum collectors box with bonus ships and special weopons added to the game. Everyone else will buy a steam copy. I've been waiting for this game for a long time so I'll pay more to get something trulay cool. Perhaps they will sell EGOSOFT T-shirts on this site one day. I like to support small independent companies like EGOSOFT. I find that they make amazing games. I don't mind so much if I have to use steam to activate the game but I don't want to have to use steam to launch it because the internet doesn't work all the time because I live in a rural area of Alabama.
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 14. Oct 11, 00:11

It is easy to come demanding here just because you played previous X game versions, but it happens that you are not the one developing.

As with every single game, try if you like or let it be.

Even though I have criticized Egosoft a lot for its lack of real bug fixing and many screw ups in X3:TC I am anxiously expecting the new arrival that is X-Rebirth. I trust they will make a great game and the moment it shows up for pre-order in Steam, I will be there.

It is obvious X-Universe had ran down all its course and something new was necessary and luckily they decided to make a new space game with some of the X background story.

So thanks and.. hurry (but only if you don't have outstanding bugs remaining, like Stupid AI colliding to each other and so)

Ulfarus
x2

Post by Ulfarus » Fri, 14. Oct 11, 00:37

ezra-r wrote:It is obvious X-Universe had ran down all its course and something new was necessary and luckily they decided to make a new space game with some of the X background story.
I disagree with this X hadn't run down at all. A lot of what they are implementing is good. I like highways, subsystem targetting, huge capitals, huge sectors, better factories and complexes (hated spaghetti tubes).

The problem is there are one or two big core features people are going to miss. Mine is multiple ships.

I don't have a problem with Steam as a delivery method, the problem is that you can only run one instance of it. I am currently running 4 different versions of Terran conflict with different Mods.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”