General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ch_R0me
x4

Re: X3: Rebirth Wasn't Bad

Post by Ch_R0me » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 21:42

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Sun, 5. Sep 21, 16:10
X:R had a terrible endgame. Stations cannot be destroyed, ships are spawned out of thin air, cannot build your own shipyard, and their wasn't anything that the player could accomplish after completing the plot and getting all the steam achievements. Not being able to impact the game world in any meaningful way got boring fast. X-R was the first X game where mods where not optional, you have to use mods. I was there, and it was that bad. I might still play X3 again someday, but I will never install X-R again.
Indeed, also had to use a ton of mods to even complete building the station, not mentioning to fix some remaining bugs...

Code: Select all

“Space is for everybody. It’s not just for a few people in science or math, or for a select group of astronauts.
That’s our new frontier out there, and it’s everybody’s business to know about space.”

– Christa McAuliffe.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 00:38

Not to plug myself here, but X Rebirth with my CWIR mod is an amazing game in my opinion.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 12:48

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 00:38
Not to plug myself here, but X Rebirth with my CWIR mod is an amazing game in my opinion.
Narrator: Blackrain just plugged himself.

I've just reinstalled the game after finding where my old saves were hidden. Might have to give your mod a try.

Thanks for the heads up.
“We’re impotent,” Michael said.

“We’ve a chance to put right past mistakes, and that’s what we’re doing right now,” Lucifer said, one eye on Persephone who looked deeply uncomfortable with the conversation. “This is our atonement.” Now that straightened his back. All she’d have to do is suggest he self-flagellated and he’d be in ecstasy. Of all their Father’s creations, she was pretty sure she and her siblings were by far the most flawed…

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 21:33

Gavrushka wrote:
Tue, 28. Sep 21, 12:48
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 00:38
Narrator: Blackrain just plugged himself.

I've just reinstalled the game after finding where my old saves were hidden. Might have to give your mod a try.

Thanks for the heads up.
I have no idea what you are implying here sir.

By the way, make sure to check out the CWIR WIKI. CWIR adds a ridiculous amount of features to Rebirth, just so you know. For example, Boarding and capturing stations. Capturing ships and scavenging them (at your shipyard) for parts. Building ships at shipyards and selling them to other factions. Donating stations/ships to factions to support them. Factions expanding and contracting, rebuilding stations and building additional stations, new ships, station destruction, Faction elimination, alliances, bringing a faction back from elimination, capturing/boarding and building Xenon ships, etc. Just a lot of good stuff.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 22:13

BlackRain's TLDR version (in a thread titled 'Rebirth Wasn't Bad')

'Actually, without my mod, Rebirth was a little bit bad.' :D <runs away>
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 22:32

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 28. Sep 21, 22:13
BlackRain's TLDR version (in a thread titled 'Rebirth Wasn't Bad')

'Actually, without my mod, Rebirth was a little bit bad.' :D <runs away>
I don't understand what you are saying at all! Not a clue.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 18:22

I personally think your team's New Frontiers mod is even better, although I know you say it's not as "feature complete". It does work, though, right? I didn't play it that long but didn't encounter problems, as far as I know.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 19:25

Let's not go too far down the mod discussion route here please since there is a Rebirth S&M forum for that.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”