4K Font Size Fix?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BigVern
x3tc

4K Font Size Fix?

Post by BigVern » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 19:54

I just got round to trying to play Rebirth again, having left off some three years ago halfway through the campaign.

Since then I've moved on to a GTX 1650 GPU and a 4K (3840 x 2160) monitor. The graphics look wonderful but the UI font is tiny in game unusable - sadly this is not the only older game to have this issue in 4K.

is there an easy fix for this problem or do Egosoft have any plans to cater for 4K users. I know I could run the game at a lower resolution but that is a waste of the hardware.

And, out of interest, was wondering if X4 also has this issue - not wanting to part with £40 if the fonts can't be viewed without wearing an optivisor in front of the screen.

Thanks.
In Valen's Name...it's ALIVE!!

BigVern
x3tc

Re: 4K Font Size Fix?

Post by BigVern » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 14:52

Nothing/no-one?

Then I guess Rebirth is dead and buried, best just to uninstall.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 15:31

Most people have indeed moved to X4: Foundations, which is why patience is advised when waiting for a reply to a question in this forum. There's no way I'm aware of to increase the font size in X Rebirth. X4: Foundations, on the other hand, has a UI scaling feature which allows you to increase the text size.
Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend and Nopileos as Kindle e-books! (NOW also available: X3: Yoshiko!)

BigVern
x3tc

Post by BigVern » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 19:42

Thanks X2.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”